Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder characterized by abdominal discomfort associated with altered bowel function. Although IBS is not a life-threatening disorder, it has a considerable effect on patients' quality of life (QOL). In terms of volume, the IBS market is a large, albeit naive, one, with only a small number of pharmacotherapies indicated for the treatment of the disorder, and it is also characterized by significant unmet needs.
Lotronex (alosetron) is indicated for women with severe IBS-D who have chronic IBS, have had anatomic or biochemical abnormalities of the GI tract excluded, and have not responded adequately to conventional therapy. GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) initially introduced this product into the US market in February 2000. However, a few months later, in November 2000, the company decided to withdraw the drug due to it being linked with undesirable adverse effects, such as ischemic colitis (restricted blood flow to the colon), severe constipation, and three fatalities.
- Overview of IBS, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lotronex including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Lotronex for the top country from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US.
For further information on this report, please visit - http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/lotronex-irritable-bowel-syndrome-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2023
Reasons To Buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for IBS.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lotronex performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Lotronex from 2013-2023 in top country (the US).
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Website: Radiant Insights